How to Solve Pairing Problem of Apple Watch with iPhone 7
Apple watch is pretty much useful to enhance the way to use your iPhone 7 if you pair it with your iPhone 7 successfully. With this Apple watch, you can see whether there is a notification, message, or call on your iPhone 7 just by looking at this Apple Watch. If you want to get this advantage, firstly you need to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone 7. If the pairing process is successfully, then your Apple Watch will be connected to your iPhone 7. Sadly, there are some Apple Watch owners who recently upgraded to the iPhone 7 have been unable to pair their Apple Watches with the iPhone 7. While the other users who own new Apple Watch and iPhone 7 also reported the similar issues when they try to pair the new Apple Watch with iPhone 7. If you are one of those users who have this particular problem, this tutorial about how to solve pairing problem of Apple Watch with iPhone 7 may help you.
In order to use Apple Watch to enhance the way to use your iPhone 7, it is important for you to ensure that your Apple Watch and iPhone 7 are connected. Unfortunately, if your Apple Watch is not connected or paired with your iPhone, then your will need to solve iPhone 7 problem soon by following our guide of how to solve pairing problem of Apple Watch with iPhone 7. You probably notice this connection problem when you see a red iPhone icon on your Apple Watch, or you are trying to pair and both devices are not connected. When this connection problem appears, first thing you need to do is checking your Apple Watch connection. Usually, you will notice this connection problem if you don’t get notifications, messages, or calls on your Apple Watch. When you see this problem, probably your Apple Watch and iPhone are not connected. You will see red iPhone icon on the watch face to indicate this connection problem. To see whether you are connected or not, you can also swipe up on the watch face to open Control Center. When your Apple Watch connects again, you will see the green iPhone icon on the watch face. Otherwise, try to do the following steps to connect your devices.
Pairing problem of new Apple Watch with iPhone 7
If you are trying to pair or connect your new Apple Watch with iPhone 7, but both Apple devices are still not connected, probably you need to do some steps below about how to solve pairing problem of Apple Watch with iPhone 7 when both devices are new:
- Firstly, you have to ensure that both your Apple devices have been updated to the latest versions of iOS and watchOS. Check the available update on your iPhone 7 by following this simple step: go to Settings > General > Software Update so that you can see whether there is a new phone update or not. While for the Apple Watch, simply open the Watch app on your iPhone and go to My Watch > General > Software Update. If there is an update for any or both devices, make sure to keep the devices near each other. You will see a progress wheel appears on the watch when the update starts.
- On your iPhone 7, don’t forget to turn on Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and turn off Airplane Mode. After that, try to connect both devices again.
- If the steps above are not working on your pairing problem, try to unpair and set up the Apple Watch again. On your Apple Watch, simply tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. While on your iPhone 7, you need to open the Watch app, tap the My Watch tab, and tap your watch at the top of the screen. Continue by tapping Unpair Apple Watch > Apple Watch > Unpair Apple Watch. If you have done with this step, try to pair your devices again.
How to solve pairing problem of Apple Watch and iPhone 7 if it is paired to the previous iPhone
If you have pairing problem of you Apple Watch with iPhone 7 while your watch is still paired with your previous iPhone, you will need to follow the steps below:
- Start to fix this pairing problem by updating the phone to the latest version of iOS.
- Continue with this step on your Apple Watch by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. These steps are useful to back up watch’s data to the iPhone.
- After that, backup your previous phone using iCloud or iTunes.
- Next, pair your watch with your new iPhone 7, and when it is asked, select Restore from Backup. Continue the action by selecting the recent backup to transfer your content back to your Apple Watch.
- Now, attempts to pair the Apple Watch and iPhone 7. If it is necessary, update the watch beforehand.
How to solve pairing problem of Apple Watch and iPhone 7 if you no longer have the previous iPhone
Especially for you who have pairing problem of Apple Watch and iPhone 7 when it is paired to your previous iPhone but you no longer have the previous iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, press and hold the side button on the Apple Watch until you get the option to Power Off.
- And then, press down on the Power Off slider and now you should see “Erase all content and settings” option on the screen. Tap on this option.
- Finally, when the process is done, set up the Apple Watch as a new watch and pair it with your iPhone 7.